Friday

Time to Organise

I have a confession to make, I’m obsessed with organisation, I trawl through organisation blogs, images of jewellery all neatly laid out, open kitchen cupboards organised with labels, a laundry room. I keep inspiration files, I make lists, I plan.

In reality my house is a complete and utter disaster, I’ve done that last minute panic before people arrive, shove everything is the cupboard and shut the door (hope it doesn’t burst open), under the bed, behind the sofa. I’m there telling people of course you can come over, saying to my family the house doesn’t have to be perfect the people are what matters but there’s always that panic 30minutes before people arrive.

It’s time to put some of that research into practice though, I’ve been following along with Laura’s Organising Junkie 52 Weeks Challenge feeling inspired, thinking I could do that, but they’re almost half way through and I’m only just getting myself in gear! So from now on I’m going to actively participate, I need to be accountable.

Step one was a simple one, one of my drawers which contained a whole load of junk, soon to be my jewellery drawer. There are pictures on line, cute vintage, bowls and dishes with earrings, necklaces, bangles. These inspire me, they make me think, I could do that – although not quite so cute.

So here is my attempt, after much clearing out and using some dishes or tubs that I had, it’s much better than it was before and I can find what I’m looking for. There’s probably more clearing out that could be done but it’s already a significant improvement.

Jewellery OrganisationEarring Organisation

It’s amazing how making one small change can make you feel like you’re actually making progress, even though there’s chaos surrounding this drawer, when I open it I know getting my act together is possible!

{For more organisation head over to Organizing Junkie}

8 comments:

  1. You did a very nice job and I like your containers. It can be hard getting started with organization but remember you only have to do something small that will add up to a big change. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennie!
    It not as cute as some of the other solutions but it's a huge improvement and it was free. It is hard to start on a big task, but I do feel better now I've made some progress, hopefully there'll be no stopping me now.
    Have a great weekend,
    April

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of using cute bowls for storage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LivinInduckville4 June 2011 at 03:28

    Nice! Every little bit counts! I love vintage dishes & bowls. One of my favorite little organizing thingys is my party plate on my bedside stand. It's one of those little fancy luncheon plates that has a place for a cup & fancy sandwiches or something. Anyhow, this one I have I found at a garage sale for about 10 cents!!! It's in the shape of a fan & it's pressed glass with the 'daisy & button' pattern. So cute sitting there to collect little stuff by my bed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, I've managed to do a few more things this week to so hopefully I can keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree vintage dishes and bowls are so cute, perhaps at some point in the future I can upgrade! The bed-side plate sounds so cute, what a great idea and for only 10 cents too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sara, I can't find the original source of the photo that inspired me but it was so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Articles

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Birch in the Breeze