Thursday

Inspirational Quotations

Words are incredible, can you imagine a life without any words? A life where we can’t communicate so easily with each other, with no books, newspapers or conversations? Since I’ve started reading a variety of blogs I’ve found so many writers who inspire me, writers who create something beautiful, inspiring or gripping with only words.

“Words are my medium -- I can shape them into whatever you need.
The language we use crafts messages, creates imagery, and conjures feelings. Words can carry you off or draw you in.” – Elizabeth Kat Reiners

When I find something which really inspires me I note it down in my journal or bookmark the post or page it’s from. Sometimes it’s part of a post I read which really speaks to me and reminds me of an important lesson or value.

“Slow down and everything you are chasing will come around and catch you.” – John de Paolo

“Sometimes we smile because we feel happy. Sometimes we smile in order to feel happy.” –  read on Jade Keller’s Blog

Other times it’s just a beautiful piece of writing, where I can really feel what it’s like to be there.

“Walking in the coldest of colds energizes me like nothing else. I love it; the work of it, the bite, the blast, that visible puff of breath -reminding me I'm still alive.”  - Elizabeth Kat Reiners

I’m so often amazed by how much can be said with only a few words, how strong a message can be conveyed to so many people so quickly.

“This is your one and only precious life – pay attention!” - Gwen Bell

I also empathise with those diarists who jeep diaries and journals for a variety of reasons: therapy, to aid memory, to create something or just to amuse yourself.

“ I never travel without my diary, one should always have something sensational to read in the train” – Oscar Wild

Often quotations or snippets that I read elsewhere inspire me to write, there’s so much inspiration out there, you just need to remember to listen as well as to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Articles

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Birch in the Breeze