Monday

My Strengths

I’m rather aware that I started off with a couple of, what could be construed as, negative posts. The truth is I’m a fairly positive person and tend to have a positive outlook on life. Today I’d like to prove that by looking at, what I believe are, my strengths.

I see myself as a strong, successful, young woman. There is obviously some improvements to be made, but that’s for another day.

I believe in myself, I know what I’m capable of and I’m not often filled with self-doubt, if something needs doing which is within my capabilities I step up and take part. This belief is built on successes, it’s important to take note of your successes, even small achievement can add up to making you believe. Learn the lessons from your mistakes and then the negatives go.

I trust my judgement, when a decision has to be made I rely on my own judgement. I can weigh up the options and come to a sensible conclusion.

I can ask for help; whether it’s friends offering to bring pudding for a meal, asking someone to help out on a time-critical task or letting someone else organise part of a group holiday. Knowing when to ask for help is an important strength and is not a weakness.

I am my own person, I live by the rules and boundaries which I’ve set myself and stand up for the things I believe in. I have my own opinions but I’m always willing to hear an alternative point of view, opinions and ideas are flexible and must be judged personally. I live the way I want to live and refuse to live up to other peoples’ ideals.

I can laugh at myself, not taking yourself too seriously is a great strength to have, I know I can make mistakes, say silly things and make ‘school-boy errors’ but you just have to live with these and learn from them. There’s no point being highly strung, life is there to be lived and enjoyed.

Our strengths and weaknesses make us who we are, they’re the reason people work so well in teams. My strengths and weaknesses change with time and environment but being aware of them helps me handle all sorts of situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Articles

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Birch in the Breeze